Friday 4 December 2015

Personality Types

This assignment has made me reflect on myself, and on my personality. After taking the Keirsey Temperament Report I came across a lot of things that really apply to me, but that I had not really thought about and that maybe didn't realize I should work a little bit more on. My personality type is "Guardian (SJ's)" that is describes as: "the cornerstone of society, for they are the temperament given to serving and preserving our most important social institutions. Guardians have natural talent in managing goods and services--from supervision to maintenance and supply -- and they use all their skills to keep things running smoothly in their families, communities, schools, churches, hospitals, and businesses". 

The Keirsey report, pointed out that I was Dependable and trustworthy. I consider myself this was and think this is very accurate, I can see this with my friends as they can come to me with their problems and know that they can be sure that their problems will stay only with me. 
In my mentorship experience I can see the trust from Ms. De Souza and Ms. Valois, sometimes when Ms. De Souza is busy she has the confidence to let me go on my own to classes or stay in the resource room and work with those who need help.
Moreover, a characteristic that I believe it's really a strength and really helps me on a day to day basis, is the fact that I am really Down-to-Earth. I think I gained this from my mom, as a single mom she often had to be at work long hours to be able to be successful so my siblings and I had to take care of each other. I also think it is very helpful in the resource room as it makes me really practical and it benefits my involvement with student. It helps me understand them better and be more relatable. 

I think one of the most important qualities to work in the resource room, in my opinion, is to be able to understand that everyone that comes in has different need, different weaknesses and straights. The Keirsey Report described me as "On the job, you seem to innately understand how to create smooth, working processes in your environment. You can excel at directing others to fulfill their duties", as a mentorship student in the resource room, I often work with students that have special needs. When I first started my placement here I had never have the experience on working with this kind of students, but I understood as soon as I sat down to work with them that the work that they needed to do couldn't be done in a traditional way. Without having to read a book about it or even having to get instructions from my  mentorship teacher I was able to be successful and help them as much as I could, realized, after reading the lesson, that being a feeler plays a big role on how successful I am at my work in my mentorship placement and consider myself really lucky to get the chance to experience this side of myself. I still have a lot to understand and to become better at, but i believe that I am doing a good job and with the help of my mentorship teacher and the student I will be able to do the best possible. 

Change can be a good friend but it can also set you back, although I don’t hate change and sometimes I even look for it I am really cautious about it. I like to look into every single outcome before I am prepare and ready to move on from what I am familiar with. At this point on my life change is inevitable, as much as i want to graduate and start an “adult life” it is still very scary to move on from what is so familiar. Being open to the possibility of maybe moving away is something that frightens and it is why I have decided that the only place I would move is to somewhere I have a already live and know, as it said on the report I am not very comfortable winging it or blazing new trails.