Sunday 1 November 2015

Halloween

For My Mentorship Class I am usually in the resource room and with Ms. De Souza (My Mentorship Teacher), we often go to a grade 10 applied class, lately that class has had some behaviour issues so Ms. Valois (The History Teacher) has decided that they do not deserve a reward for Halloween but she kindly invited me to tag along her first period ESL History class.
Ms. Valois had the amazing idea to carve pumpkins with her students, many of them have been in Canada for a short period of time and have never carved a pumpkin before. To be honest, I have only carved a pumpkin once, so it was nice to do it once again. Surprisedly some of the students were very talented, they carved very nice pumpkins which in my experience is very hard to do. After they took out all the guts from the pumpkin, we separated the seeds from them and we roasted them, some of the students were very skeptical to eat them, but after tasting them most of them were very surprised of how good they were.